Question about Home schooling through pc games
    Liran Rot is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question about Home schooling through pc games

Hi all!
    last wednesday i bought a couple of pc games to my 11 years old boy, basically my plain was to teach him after school at home through pc games that allow us to understand and learn togather.
    since i noticed at school they dont teach this way

I think its a good start since he's happy with the new way of learning through pc games.

the main category that i've been playing with him is pazzle games from this site: https://www.g2a.com/r/mynavy
    I would like to ask if its a good way of learning ? or maybe to change the category of the pc games?

Thanks.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I am not familiar with the site you mentioned. However there are some really good learning games out there for kids. I used several from my son. Rocket Math was a great game when he was learning basic math facts. Learning Games For Kids is a great free website full of games for all age levels. Right now my son plays a lot of minecraft. It has done wonders to improve his reading ability and his writing has he plays with his friends on skype. It also teaches cooperation and consequences. In my opinion games can be a great learning tool to add to your toolkit.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Blestec Studios is offline Junior Member Newbie

Yes, it is a very good way of learning.. By games & videos, they learn so many things in short time. I think it works faster than traditional schooling.

Kids love games.. but you need to show them newer and newer stuff to keep them interested.. I like to keep a lot of educational videos and games on the laptop & tablet and let the kid choose what they want. They like things which are new or something which they haven't seen for a while.

I'm doing some animations for kids, maybe you can have a look at those as well

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Cute videos Blestec.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota