Question...new to Homeschool and T4L
    SarahP is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question...new to Homeschool and T4L

Okay, I have a billion questions but I promise to only ask a couple!

1. I really like everything I see that I've seen here so far, BUT I don't like magic or any evolution material. I saw a thread discussing many of the lessons that include this and I understand I can preview the lessons before the kids read them....just not clear on what to do once I see something I don't like. I get skipping something, but won't that affect my child's grade? Is there there something I should replace the skipped lesson with? If I can get this cleared up I will be thrilled.

2. Do I need to print off the worksheets and have the kids complete them or is it online worksheets?

Those are my 2 big questions so far. I am sure as I actually start I will have way more....just want to confirm these before I commit to the program! Thanks so much to anyone who feels pity on me and answers my questions!

SarahP.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Grades are based on the material that is actually covered. If your child does not do a lesson it does not count for or against their grade. There are some lessons that my son finds too repetitive. I let him skip those lessons. Or if it is a subject that he has covered in an outside class I will let him skip it. Sometimes if he says he already knows the material I will let him take the test and then if he does well I let him skip the lesson. These skipped lessons do not effect his grade. You may be able to pick up a book at the library to cover the material that is covered in the lesson if you don't want to do the lesson. I honestly don't remember seeing any lessons about magic or many about evolution. So I don't think this will be an issue for you.

The worksheets are there as added material to help your child review what they have learned. They do need to be printed out if you are going to use them. I rarely use them. If my son is struggling with a concept I will use the worksheets otherwise we do not use them. I don't have a printer attached to my computer so it is difficult for me to print the worksheets. I think they would be really good if you live in a state that requires a portfolio. You could then print out the worksheets as examples of the work your child is doing.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want. I find that if one person has a question, there are usually five others who have the same question but are too shy to ask.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

SarahP is offline Junior Member Newbie

Kathi

Thanks so much for the reply, that makes me feel a lot better! I have a small printer and two kids I will be homeschooling so I don't want to have to print everything out 24/7!

Thanks again...I will probably have more questions as we go along. What a blessing it is to be able to ask and get such great feedback on the forums.

Thanks again
    Sarah

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I totally understand. I don't have a printer attached to my computer. My husband says he needs to get some part to make it compatible or something. I really don't understand all the electronic stuff. Anyway, I have to use his computer to print anything. He doesn't really like his computer touched so I don't print things unless I really have to.

Please continue to ask questions as they come up. That's what we're here for. Helping each other is how we all do this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota