Science and Social Studies curriculum?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brill is offline Member

Red face Science and Social Studies curriculum?

Hi folks,
    My kids are 8 and 9 years age and they are doing T4L Science and Social Studies curriculum so is T4L enough for these subjects each year?Any experiences?(note that I consider Ontario curriculum)?
    Thanx..............

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

We are using a US history spine in addition to T4L. We are using literature tied to our spine. We also do the history from Classical Conversations. Classical Conversations also has science memory work and does a science experiment each week.

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

My son is a total science nut. I, on the other hand, HATE science. I subscribe to Supercharged Science for him. He can watch the videos and do the experiments without driving me nuts. I think for the average kid the science with T4L is great. But my little science nut wants more, More, MORE.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    My son is a total science nut. I, on the other hand, HATE science. I subscribe to Supercharged Science for him. He can watch the videos and do the experiments without driving me nuts. I think for the average kid the science with T4L is great. But my little science nut wants more, More, MORE.
    Oh, Kathi, Supercharged Science looks so fun! Do y'all use the monthly $37 thing?
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Blog Entries

We are right now. My son loves it so much. But they do have free classes periodically and they offer some material free on their website.

brill is offline Member

Thanx for your replies.I have scottforesman science books so that if I follow t4l science I don't need to go for science textbooks materials and only t4l science is enough for each grade.
    What about t4l socialstudies for canadians curriculum?do our kids can do t4l SS?is there any problem for Canadians?any Canadian on T4l?

Blog Entries

You might find that some things are geared more toward Americans. But you could just skip those activities if they were too confusing to your kids. You might also want to add some Canadian history and things like constitution when they are a bit older. Otherwise they should be fine.

Syele is offline Member

We love Supercharged Science too. My daughter makes me shopping lists every week hoping I will remember to get all her science experiment materials. I was in big trouble one week for forgetting the grapes!

I use the T4L Social Studies and supplement with more Geography.

Blog Entries

My son hasn't figured out the shopping list thing yet. He just expects me to have what he needs to do the experiments.

lisayvonne is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    We are right now. My son loves it so much. But they do have free classes periodically and they offer some material free on their website.
    We are in the same situation. Besides T4L, DD does two worksheests on beestar every weekend. What material are you using?
    Lisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast