Time? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time?

Sonja Philip is offline Junior Member Newbie

EdHelper is a great website for all sorts of help. Another, very helpful site for holiday and "special" day stuff is enchanted learning. Their little mini books are fantastic and really helped me a lot when my kids were younger.

Last year I actually did my core curriculum based around EdHelper with a bit of enchanted learning and a lot of other "extras".... my curriculum costs last year were UNDER $75 for the year...... that is of course if you don’t count printing costs!!! and time! I spent about 3-6 hours every week JUST PREPPING the work, not to mention teaching, grading, etc.

it's crazy, but I sometimes feel guilty now because pretty much all I do is highlight lesson numbers and print reports.....
    sonja

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

Irondale is offline Junior Member Newbie

WOW,
    okay thanks!! I hesitate more sheet I get the most grief from my 7yr about the little resource sheets that T4L has. Maybe if they were "special" he may get into it! Maybe Geograpthy or something..

adelenpaul is offline Member Regular

The main thing I would suggest adding is just reading. Reading out loud. Reading independently. Looking at picture books. Reading to each other. Listening to books on tape. Read, read, read.....

And the wonderful thing is that as long as you have a public library reasonably close, that is all free!! And chances are you'd have a hard time running through all their books so you'll always have resources. There are a ton of book lists if you need suggestions:

- http://www.classical-homeschooling.org/celoop/1000.html
    - http://www.sonlight.com/
    - www.fiarhq.com (five in a row has book lists)
    - http://hoagiesgifted.org/hot_topics.htm - if your children are smart (aka. gifted) this website will keep you busy for a decade. There is SOOOO much here. I can't believe all the work Carolyn has done. It's a work of love and art.

Blessings as you research,
    Adele
    [email protected]

Irondale is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks Adele,
    We do read. We have the phonics readers from Abeka for my K and my 2nd grader is reading Hardy Boys books, although a bit advanced he is learning more complex comprehension and an understand of detectivship <--- is that a word? lol

I will check out those sites but we are very well stocked with books here at home

Aaron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2