Uplifting Education
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Uplifting Education

journey00 is offline Member

Default Uplifting Education

Please share with us if are using Uplifting Education and how it is working out for you? Thanks

Zi

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Zi,

I've never heard of Uplifting Education so I can't comment. However, this forum is for posting supplemental resources, so you would get a better response if you posted in a different forum like "other".

Best wishes!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Uplifting Education has a similar format as Time4Learning but it starts in high school. There is someone here who uses it & I'm trying to find her so she can share with us how she likes it. I thought the 6-8th grade forum would be the correct place to post since many people who really like T4L are looking for an option like this for High School. Unless, T4l starts doing High School

littletfarms is offline Member

I am currently using Uplifting Education. It is nearly identical. Instead of logging into T4L, you log directly into thelearningodyssey.com. The screens will look the same. If you like T4L, there is no reason to not like Uplifting Education. That said, if you can get the grade levels you need with T4L, it is cheaper.

I think today (10/31) is the last day to sign up with Uplifting Education and lock in their current pricing plan. The current plan is you pay the whole year upfront ($360). The is some prorating. Going forward you can pay a semester at a time or something like that. But, the annual cost is higher. I THINK it is $240 per semester. But, even that is quite a bit cheaper than any competitors besides T4L which would only be $240 for the year or less. What a bargain!
    Denise in MS
    Homeschooling 4 blessings for 14 years.
    DD93, DS95, DS98, DD00

Thank you littletfarms! The fact that you are still liking it is very encouraging. My two youngest will stay with T4L and my current 7th grader does the LA and LA extensions. We want to stay with the same format for high school. Thanks!
    littletfarms likes this.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

It's good to know there is a program similar to time4learning for high school. We only have a few more years until we will be needing to deal with high school.
    littletfarms likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

littletfarms: Can you just do the Odyssey learning part of Uplifting Education, or must you also do the Physical Education and Renzulli Method?

MeMa is offline Junior Member

Hi all,
    Well I thought I would comment on uplifting as we have now been using it since Sept. We love being able to have access to CompassLearning. I thought it was a fair price for the year. There are too many changes however and I feel that all of those changes should have been done in the summer. I have a feeling that next year it will be very public school like. The website has changed, the information has changed, log in's have changed. Now there is a new addition of the Schoology site.
    I went in this morning to uplifting's links page and it too is different again. On the curriculum page I noticed that now there is a parent's responsibility statement too. We are a homeschool family and have learned though the many years what works and what does not for our family and we are struggling with all the changes and it is just not what it was.

One of the statements is" Parent works with the facilitator/teacher to assign daily lessons,pacing, and monitoring of student." That is not what I signed up for.
    We just want compasslearning that is all.
    At first I thought it was going to work, but with all the changes and obviously policy changes, it is not going to work. At this point, I would get my money back if I could.
    Also, the statement of Parent supplies offline records for transcripts, electives and diploma. What? I asked this, about the diploma and was told that if he completed that he could get a diploma from uplifting? Weird.
    Also now there is another new thing. The electives have a fee of $180! Wow. This is just a bummer!

I am stressed today, don't mean to complain, but my homeschooler NEEDS things to remain the same for him and this being is first year in high school too and me thinking that everything was going to be smooth now..
    My mom was brought to the ER yesterday and she is really up there in age so that is what has me out of sorts on top of trying to figure out all the other stuff. She has a very bad reaction to an antibiotic. But the good lord pulled her through.

Well that is my take on Uplifting! I pray that T4L adds high school!

Me, the kids, the dog and the chickens.... Oh and a whole lot of books.
    I smile every day, but some days, life smiles at me and it's a darn good thing. LOL

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
    W. B. Yeats

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing with us MeMa. That does sound like a lot of change. I hope things work out okay with your mom.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MeMa is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    Thanks for sharing with us MeMa. That does sound like a lot of change. I hope things work out okay with your mom.
    Thanks Fairylover, they had her stay one night to make sure she was okay, she is almost 90. Her tongue swelled so much she couldn't breath and she passed out with her eyes open even. It was horribly scary for my brother who was there, but she is okay thank God.
    As far as the changes at Uplifting, we are just going to see how it goes for this year and see about next.
    Blessings~
    Me, the kids, the dog and the chickens.... Oh and a whole lot of books.
    I smile every day, but some days, life smiles at me and it's a darn good thing. LOL

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
    W. B. Yeats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast