what can i do? is it to late!
" "
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robin

Thread: what can i do? is it to late!

Blog Entries

Default what can i do? is it to late!

so at the first of the year my kids thought T4L was a game and they would speed throw it. so one night going throw and looking at this i decided to buckle down on them. i make them sit so i can see what they are doing but somehow my middle child still slipped one by me you know the search glass thing at the bottom of the screen he has been typing numbers in there and doing work from other grades so what do i do now? school is almost done for the year. i can make him go all summer but i can not even till what his real grade is cause of all the other work from other grades. he has done work in his own grade but when you check there scores they do not just give them to you for there grade level it is everything they have done. i need real help has anyone been throw this that can help me. pleases do if you have i am listening i am so worried!!!

Blog Entries

First take a deep breath.

Have you checked the student reports to see how your middle has done on the assignments he has done? You can look up only the Chapter Test Scores in a report. Maybe have him take the chapter test in the grade you feel he is supposed to be in. If he passes the majority of them then call it a year. Print out your Chapter Test scores for your records. If not have him do summer school working on the lessons he did not pass the chapter test on.

I will see what else I can think about. I hope that helps.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

You can't pull grades for one particular grade level, but you can view what he got for each lesson in the grade he was supposed to do. I would pull these grades and enter them into excel or some other grade program to give him a grade for the year.
    Strouse House likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    You can't pull grades for one particular grade level, but you can view what he got for each lesson in the grade he was supposed to do. I would pull these grades and enter them into excel or some other grade program to give him a grade for the year.
    I have never heard of a grading program. I think that might be helpful for me and my daughter. Any tips on finding a program like thatand how to use it would be appreciated. LA is a tough subject for my daughter so being able to show her a grade so she sees she is doing OK might help motivate her and ease my mind.

Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: what can i do? is it to late!

It's never too late.