Community Involement
    candy brown is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Community Involement

An important part of our monthly routine involves working in the community! This month my children are raising money to donate socks and jogging suits to one of the local nursing homes. Find an organization in your community and help them have a blessed holiday season!

Default Re: Places to Explore Nature

Redoaks Nature Center is located in North Aurora, Illinolis off of route 25, I recently went there for the first time with my children and they loved it!!! There is a cave, which the kids were able to explore (yes it is safe). The view is beautiful!! There are many different kinds of trees and there are resources in the office to help you correctly identify the trees. There is also a short movie, which gives you a nice overhead view of what to expect while there. Go and enjoy the fall!

Default Re: Working With Children With Learning Challenges

One of the most important ideas to keep in mind as you homeschool your child, is that each child has their own learning style!! I have two children with learning challenges and they have unique ways of learning, but once they master the material they never forget it!! Also listen to your child! When I first began homeschooling my children I wanted them to be doctoral students by the end of the day (Smile). Take your time and relax, they will do fine and so will you!