A couple of things - 1) Is this an active forum?
    TheLadyWrites Guest

Exclamation A couple of things - 1) Is this an active forum?

Assuming it's not very active, is there another location that would be a good choice to consider?

I have an exceptionally intelligent 8th grader trying to prepare for HS does this program work with HS's and allowing students to attend HS part time and Homeschool for the rest?

What factors are involved?

How long does it typically take an average 8th grader to complete their school work daily? All classes are taught online? Is there any form of communication if a student has questions?

I've got a few more, but it's probably good to wait and learn if this is going to be a viable choice.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A couple of things - 1) Is this an active forum?

Hi, and welcome!

The state forums are a bit less active than other general areas of this forum, as they are intended for state-specific questions (since each state has its own homeschool laws).

If your child will remain a public school student, it will be up to your school to allow or disallow his Time4Learning work for credit. Print the scope and sequence and show it to the counselor. Let them know that Time4Learning uses curriculum designed for public schools and that Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to offer it to families and individuals (because the developer only markets to schools). The developer is Compass Learning Odyssey, and your school might be familiar with them.

The curriculum is online, but there are printable worksheets to go along with some of the lessons. The answer keys are within your parent login account. Parents grade printables and writing assignments. There are also grading guides for each writing assignment.

Time4Learning is intended to be a homeschool curriculum. Many of the lessons include videotaped instructors, but they are pre-recorded and there are no instructors available via email, telephone, etc. Time4Learning is not an online school (which many people mistakenly refer to as "homeschooling"). It is a homeschool curriculum, so the parent is the teacher.

Few students work more than four hours per day, but this varies a great deal, since the parent sets the schedule, decides whether to allow the student to self-pace, etc.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation Re: A couple of things - 1) Is this an active forum?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLadyWrites View Post
    Assuming it's not very active, is there another location that would be a good choice to consider?

I have an exceptionally intelligent 8th grader trying to prepare for HS does this program work with HS's and allowing students to attend HS part time and Homeschool for the rest?

What factors are involved?

How long does it typically take an average 8th grader to complete their school work daily? All classes are taught online? Is there any form of communication if a student has questions?

I've got a few more, but it's probably good to wait and learn if this is going to be a viable choice.