Hello! I am new from Polo, IL
    Amanda M is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello! I am new from Polo, IL

Hello all. I am so excited to finally find an online support group!!

Unregistered Guest

Default Ogle County homeschool network

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Hello! I am new from Polo, IL

Hi my name is Jan and I am a retiring special education teacher from Rock Falls. I am looking for Homeschoolers who may be interested in the various school supplies that I have collected over the past 20 years. With the cost of supplies and educational materials, I decided I would like to give most of my items to those that might not have the luxury of a yearly classroom budget. Homeschoolers I thought might fit this criteria. I came across your name looking for someone in the area that was doing homeschooling. I have new items that have never been used, as well as older items that are still usable as well as, very old items that can be creatively used with little effort. None of my items have been stolen or taken without permission from the school districts I have worked in. Most of the items were purchased through my own income, other older items were given to me by retired teachers or were going to be thrown away. School districts have very little space to store things and therefore, throw out many things when they change curriculum or update supplies, despite its usefulness. Some of the new or newer things that I have include: Reams of lined paper, spiral notebooks, games, pencils, crayons, motivational prizes, rulers, reading and math supplies etc. I also have older and newer items for both math and reading, Including the following. Leveled readers, phonics books and language arts worksheets, hands-on activities, and practice exercises. I have numerous math text books, worksheets, and curriculum for specific study areas of math, such as "fun With Time Tables" and "Touch Math". I have lots of posters for reading and math. I also have science and social studies supplies. I am having a rummage sale on Sept. 27th and I need to make room for my rummage sale items and therefore need to get rid of as many of my school supplies as possible. Most of the teaching supplies are free. If you are interested please call me at 815-626-0461.

Thank you,
    Jan Whitlock
    P.S. Due to the fact that I taught Special Education, I have material ranging from Kindergarten through 8th grade, with the majority in the K-4th grade range.