Looking for home school support and social play groups for my two boys ages 11-12
    VENTURAC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Looking for home school support and social play groups for my two boys ages 11-12

hello, my name is Cheryl, and I have two boys that I home school age 11-12. Looking to see if any moms that have kids around the same age, would be interested in meeting up for support with learning or just socially for are kids to play together

Hi Cheryl-

I'm Terri. Homeschooling and loving it. My son is 12 and I'd also like to expand his social group. We're in Dixon.

We're in Dixon. I have a 12 yr. old. He's lost a lot of friends over the last two years; children that have been part of our lives for years have moved away. He's very social and it's been hard on him. Where do you live?

Hi Terri,

Great to hear from you, I just posted another post for meet up's in the Great Lakes IL area for events, social, and academic support. I do realize that your about 2 hours and so away, so maybe from time to time, Once we get to know each other a little more over the phone, or email/chat I can bring my boys there to Dixon we love to travel, my husband is in the military so traveling is not a concern for us. lol. more like a road trip!!!!!!!!! I truly no what's it like to need to have kids to play with and just support period. I ran a daycare for years and love kids so every week I will be posting an event on here starting next week Monday and every Monday there after for all who like to attend with your kids. The days will fluctuate, as I know our schedule is quite pack with schooling our kids. The events will take place mainly in the Lake County IL area, however there will be times that we may travel out further for a more adventurous field trip. Hope to hear from you!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Great to hear from you, I just posted another post for meet up's in the Great Lakes IL area for events, social, and academic support. I ran a daycare for years and love kids so every week I will be posting an event on here starting next week Monday and every Monday there after for all who like to attend with your kids. The days will fluctuate, as I know our schedule is quite pack with schooling our kids. The events will take place mainly in the Lake County IL area, however there will be times that we may travel out further for a more adventurous field trip, Our events will always be free based, to cut down on travel expenses and more...

Unregistered Guest

Default mom of 9yr old.

Quote Originally Posted by tlm1960 View Post
    We're in Dixon. I have a 12 yr. old. He's lost a lot of friends over the last two years; children that have been part of our lives for years have moved away. He's very social and it's been hard on him. Where do you live?
    Hi there. I have a great 9yr old boy who is very social and loves being around other kids. Many of his old friends have moved. Although he thrives with homeschooling, the non-social aspect is hard for him. I am looking for others that would like to get the kids together. We live near Joliet and driving to meet up isn't a problem. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to get to know each other, feel free to email me @ [email protected]. Thank you.

Unregistered Guest

Default Illinois homeschoolers

Quote Originally Posted by VENTURAC View Post
    hello, my name is Cheryl, and I have two boys that I home school age 11-12. Looking to see if any moms that have kids around the same age, would be interested in meeting up for support with learning or just socially for are kids to play together
    We live near Rockford. Where do you live near? We have a boy 11 and a girl 12.

Laurie Arnish is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We live near Rockford. Where do you live near? We have a boy 11 and a girl 12.

Where near Rockford? We are on the far East side and I'm homeschooling my 10 almost 11 year old son.