New to homeschooling/looking for group
    kim1173 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to homeschooling/looking for group

Hi
    My name is Kim. This is my first time homeschooling my daughter. She is 12. I'm looking for a group to meet with in the southern Illinois area(Jackson County).
    A little bit about us....we are a former military family that moved to the area just over a year ago. I had debated homeschooling in the past but couldn't decide what was best. After one year of public school in our area the decision was very easy. The curriculum I'm using is very simple and works great for our situation. There are not any extra curricular activities outside of school offered in our town other than girl scouts and we tried that. The school does not allow homeschooled students to participate in any sports and the only other things offered are band/chorus/musical theater(8th grade and above) but in order to get into those programs you have to ask permission from the school board and are not guaranteed admittance. I'm currently looking into the county 4H program but I'm at a loss as to where else to go. I'm also wondering what is the best curriculum to use for high school level. Any advice and/or comments are appreciated.

Thanks

Unregistered Guest

Hi, my name is Jill. We live in Franklin County. I have a 3rd grader, 9th grader and 10th grader. We are using time4learning for 3rd grade and elearningk12 for high school. Normally $50 a month unless you want them to keep track of grades, transcript and diploma, then it is $150 per month.

We also are strugging for options for socialization. We are going to try to go before the board for sports because we are doing the $150 option that is tailored and monitored by a teacher. We are in hopes that it will pass.