New from Lake Co, IL!
    debmomof5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New from Lake Co, IL!

Hi!
    I am Debbie Mumm and live in Grayslake, IL.
    I am homeschooling for the first time. I have 5 kids, but this is my youngest. Alex is 12 but due to a poor start in a Russian orphanage, us adopting him at 5 1/2 and the schools not finding a 'label'...has gotten farther and farther behind academically. I am going back to the basics and give him a foundation so he can learn more quickly.
    I am starting him at the 3rd grade level and hopefully give him some confidence to move onto harder subjects.
    I have joined a few homeschool groups and am looking forward to using this program along with my supplements.
    Thanks.
    Debbie Mumm
    Mom of 5--Adoption Advocate
    Everything for Adoption
    Healthy Environments

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Debbie! Glad to have you here. Lots of families with kiddos who are a little behind find T4L to be quite effective.
    Since you are new to T4L and homeschooling, these guides might come in handy. How to Homeschool: A Guide for New Families
    Guide to Using Time4Learning

You might also check out the IL state forum. You are sure to find new friends and maybe even folks in your local area.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Default new to time 4learning 8th grade student

Hi everyone I am looking for a group for field trips and to help me get started with the program

Hi! I have been homeschooling our 18 year old son and 15 year old daughter for 7 years. Hoping to meet and make new friends for myself and my kids! I am in the Fox Lake area.