Default Roll Call!

Let's get to know each other!

What's your name?

Ages/grades of kids?

An interesting fact about you

crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Robyn

ds 4 - preschool, ds 6 - kindergarten, ds 8 - grade 2

I don't believe having finished a degree should have to mean you are finished with higher education. I plan to continue taking classes at the local community college until I am dead or incapacitated, or until I have taken them all.

kowgirl510@yahoo.com is offline Junior Member

Hi I'm Dee.
    I have 2DS ages 7&9. We just started and are very happy with T4L so far!!

HollyGO is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crstarlette View Post
    Let's get to know each other!

What's your name? Holly

Ages/grades of kids? My daughter Evelyn is 6, we are doing "First grade" with her with some KG and Second grade work sprinkled in there where she needs it.

An interesting fact about you
    I love reading, exploring and learning new things. I am also Muslim
    I do it for the homeschooling

Amanda309 is offline Junior Member

My name is Amanda.
    7 yrs old- 1st grade
    10 months old- pre k

I'm an Army vet, Mom of 2, I have an inhome daycare, I am LDS, and I love to garden.

mpryor24 Guest

Wink Urban Myths

Hi, we have two children boy (9) and girl (15). Both will be homeschooled 100% stariung June 2011. My sonis currently enrolled at a VirtualCharter School through the publice school system, BIG MISTAKE. Do u guys know of any support groups on the south side of Chicago?. I am currently enrolled at Liberty University (Online).

Rico is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, my name is Rich.
    We've 2 boys 14 & 5.
    My oldest has been home schooled for the past 2 years and I was looking for another system (was using Core Curriculum), so we're giving this a try.
    We're also looking for opportunities to meet & share with others in the community, so if you're interested let me know.

hldunlap75 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, my name is Heather.
    We have 2 girls ages 10 & 8.
    My youngest has had a lot of problems focusing and has been diagnosed as ADD. I am not sure that is really her problem and my husband and I have chosen not to medicate her. She loves to work on the computer, so we are giving this a try.
    We are huge Disney fans and try to go every other year to WDW.

Dstd4Evr527 Guest

Cool mom of 2

Hi my name is Jen and I have 2 girls. Charity is 12 and Destinie is 8. This was my first year of homeschooling, we started out with books from Barns and Noble but it became a headache. It was by the grace of God that I ran into another homeschool family - at the laundry matt and she had told me about this this site.
    I live in Mount Carmel, Illinois close to Evansville Indiana, rather than the bloomington, Illinois area.
    Charity had went to public school - was placed in Special Ed and once in 5th grade she was placed in a same grade level math as other students. She went from just learning how to single digit multiply to learning fractions and some algerbra. She was so far lost in her other subjects that instead of her being abel to work on her IEP goals they had 1 teacher to 12 kids and they were all doing first grade english, history and science. So it was made easy for the teacher but the students wern't getting anywhere. I would, in the previous years, go out of the IEP meetings crying, because no one was letting my daughter even meet her IEP goals. So when she was ready to be promoted to middle school - I had it. I requested a meeting with the princepals, and the special ed coordinater and demanded she be held back so she can catch up and be where she needs to be. They refused becasue she was "getting all the extra help she was elgible for" so I pulled her out and thanks to T4L here I was able to find a level where she had challenge but was undersanding for her. Yes it bothers me that she is 12 and is doing 4th grade work, but she needed to know her basics in everything. Now my other daughter, Desinie - when she was in 1st grade and the last Parent Teacher Conference the subsitute she had for the majority of the year had the nerve to tell my husband and I that because she was so shy and timid she would not excell in life. Now take in mind she was doing 4th grade reading and the school wanted to promote her in the first semester to 2nd grade. I thought it was to soon, so i DECLINED. So I never enrolled her in 2nd grade and explained to the princepal why. We started this T4L and in less than a month she breezed through her 2nd grade subjects and was doing mostly 3rd grade work, except in math. She learned how to multiply and divid before her friends thanks to this program!

mawald Guest

Hi ,I have two new homeschoolers a daughter who is 10 and son 12.Excited and nervous about the whole thing.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast