Trying something new
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jlk1988

Thread: Trying something new

Unregistered Guest

Question Trying something new

I'm looking to withdraw my 12 year old daughter from her public school and looking to use a site that can handle most of the curriculum mandated by the state of Illinois. The current subjects that must be taught are the following.
    Language arts;
    Mathematics;
    Biological and physical sciences;
    Social sciences;
    Fine arts; and
    Physical development and health.

We are a one income household without extra resources so I'm looking for ways that I can supplement those that aren't offered on the sites that we can afford to use like time4learning.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trying something new

Hi. ALl of those are covered in Time4Learning . . . not necessarily as "subjects" on their own, but as part of other subjects. For example, there are subjects called Language Arts and Math. "Physical development and health" are covered throughout the science curriculum. Social sciences (social studies) is covered. There is an art program for fine arts, but you can just do casual arts and crafts for anything else. Try making something once a week or once a month.

Remember that the content of those subjects isn't specified by the state. You are free to decide what "fine arts" is for your child. Some might do painting, some knitting, some drawing, some a little bit of everything.

Also, every single subject does not have to be covered every single year. They just want those things covered at some point in the child's school career.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jlk1988 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Re: Trying something new

Thanks so much for your helpful reply. I'm excited to look further into homeschooling!