What have *you* learned from homeschooling?
    crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Default What have *you* learned from homeschooling?

What?! You mean I was supposed to be learning too?! While I'm not sure learning is a requirement for homeschooling parents, I'm not sure it's avoidable either. Just a few of the many things I have learned about due to homeschooling my kids are:

electromagnets
    sending letters in Mesopotamia (clay letters and envelopes entrusted passing travelers)
    just how many different styles of cursive there are
    and most importantly - patience, patience, patience

What has everyone else learned?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Oh man! We are supposed to be learning patience?? Shoot...

I'm failing.

While I may not have learned *more* patience, I can say that I learned my patience level was MUCH higher than I thought it would be, lol!!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

You must be naturally more patient than me.

kowgirl510@yahoo.com is offline Junior Member

I learned some math tricks that I am SURE would of made math a lot easier (and enjoyable)had someone taught me! I am also learning that history is actualy interesting! (can you tell I did NOT have that great of a public school experience??) LOL!!!

There are "tricks" I do with math that I thought I had made up on my own, but some of them have been taught as lessons in my son's math curriculum. Now I wonder if I was taught to do them when I was younger rather than coming up with them on my own.

I have always felt that history was probably interesting, but still just never prioritized it and never learned much about it at all. Now I have external motivation, so that's good. History and science are for sure my favorite subjects to do with my children since I feel my education in those areas was/is lacking and they're so much fun! I'm with you on the not so good public school experience.