When do you take breaks?
    crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Default When do you take breaks?

Do you homeschool year round or do you take the summer off? Do you take breaks at the same time as the public schools in the area (spring break, winter break etc.)? Some people have a 6 weeks on, 1 week off schedule and do unit studies. What's your break schedule like?
    Last edited by crstarlette; 03-25-2010 at 07:58 PM.

HollyGO is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crstarlette View Post
    Do you homeschool year round or do you take the summer off? Do you take breaks at the same time as the public schools in the area (spring break, winter break etc.)? Some people have a 6 weeks on, 1 week off schedule and do unit studies. What's your break schedule like?
    We kinda break. Meaning we don't do as much but the learning never stops. What we do is less structered, less planned and just play games, read, and occasionaly draw and write something.
    I do it for the homeschooling

clynnd is offline Junior Member

That's how I do it too. The learning never stops, but we'll scale it back instead of doing all subjects when we're on "break." Right now, we're just doing preschool stuff, so we're fairly loosely stuctured anyway, but my daughter is progressing fairly rapidly. She might be ready for Kindergarten in another 6-8 months. If so, we'll step it up with her a bit. "Breaks" might have a bit more meaning to us then.

Amanda309 is offline Junior Member

We do basic studies 6 days a week, plus a spanish class. On Sunday we go to church and study about God. We read about values. I do work from the Boy Scouts handbook with my son. We are currently "deschooling". So we read alot of books becuase DS loves it but thats about it right now. We plan to go all year, taking time off for vacations, camping trips, ect