Are there any NWI Unschoolers/ Homeschooler families? This is my first post.
    MamaT's Family Guest

Lightbulb Are there any NWI Unschoolers/ Homeschooler families? This is my first post.

Hi I'm Stay at home mother of 4 in Valparaiso area. Our family has been using a mix of unschooling and homeschooling for my children ages 8 thru 16. I am trying to reach out and meet some other local Homeschooled / unschooled families to get together and go on field trips and do outdoor activities with. Exchanging ideas and game nights would be wonderful. If anyone is open to this or have other suggestions I would be so appreciative. Just reply and let's get something going please

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

To me the most important tool you can have as a homeschooler is other homeschoolers. Here is a link to some resources in Indiana. I also suggest that you check out places like your local library, a local museum, or even a play space during the day while school is in session. These are all great places to meet other homeschoolers.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Mama T's family Guest

Default Thanks:)

I've been checking with the local libraries and playgrounds. Unfortunately I haven't found what i am looking for yet. I appreciate the reply and the link.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Did you talk to the children's librarian? They usually know who the homeschoolers are and when they come in. Maybe try putting up a notice on the community bulletin board at the local supermarket.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Default Hello I'm new to homeschooling

I have a 9 year old we very recently pulled to homeschool. I'm just getting everything together to start him Monday actually. According to the school system they had him I. 3rd grade but I am starting him with 1st grade materials. (Kind of a long story) We live in Lake Village which is about 45 minutes from you. Feel free to look me up on Facebook and send me a friend request if you like. Angel Croy

Send me a freind request on Facebook. We only live 45 minutes apart. I have a 9 year old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaT's Family View Post
    Hi I'm Stay at home mother of 4 in Valparaiso area. Our family has been using a mix of unschooling and homeschooling for my children ages 8 thru 16. I am trying to reach out and meet some other local Homeschooled / unschooled families to get together and go on field trips and do outdoor activities with. Exchanging ideas and game nights would be wonderful. If anyone is open to this or have other suggestions I would be so appreciative. Just reply and let's get something going please
    Please look for me Angel Croy on Facebook I would really like to chat with you.

BarbaraCaine is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Are there any NWI Unschoolers/ Homeschooler families? This is my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaT's Family View Post
    We are in Crown Point and I have 3 kids who range from 8 to 16, only one is home-schooled at this time. I'd love to connect with you.