Back To School

Thread: Back To School

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Back To School

Just checking in to see if everyone is ready for Back To School. Did you all take advantage of tax free weekend? What is the most important thing that you have not done yet to get ready for Back To School? Finally, when will your school year start?

Let's get some conversation going here, okay.

I am as ready as I'm going to get for a new school year. I did not do tax free weekend shopping. Being handicapped it is too hard to deal with crowds. We will start back to school in early September.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

We start after Labor Day. We attend an annual SciFi/Fantasy convention every year over Labor Day weekend, so we have far too much excitement and prep going on in August, lol. It's just better to wait.

We don't buy much in the way of school supplies. I stock up on stuff like glue, markers and notebooks when they go on sale, but I don't really spend enough to worry about waiting for tax free weekend, lol. Just too many people that weekend!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

dnusair is offline Junior Member Newbie

HI there, i will be starting on Monday to home school my 9th grader.. this will be our first year of homeschooling. Her and I both are excited to get started.. We are hoping for a great year.. WE are going with time4learning of course, but is there anything else we need to add besides what they offer for high school? they offer 4 subjects English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. anyone out there doing high school?
    Anyways wishing us all the best this school year..

Dena

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dnusair View Post
    HI there, i will be starting on Monday to home school my 9th grader.. this will be our first year of homeschooling. Her and I both are excited to get started.. We are hoping for a great year.. WE are going with time4learning of course, but is there anything else we need to add besides what they offer for high school? they offer 4 subjects English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. anyone out there doing high school?
    Anyways wishing us all the best this school year..

Dena
    Hello and welcome! How exciting...starting your first year! Here is a great Welcome to Homeschooling ebook you might find helpful. I would also recommend bookmarking T4L's Hints and Help page, so you have it as a reference when you need it.

We are doing T4L high school with my 9th grader. He is also taking the Health class, but we are not doing anything formal outside of Time4Learning. He does a lot of independent reading, and we do a lot of filed trips with other homeschoolers. Soon, we are going to start doing labs/experiments with a local homeschool group. But that's about it. Everyone has a different opinion, but I personally feel that the T4L high school courses are pretty comprehesive and are absolutely enough.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!