Baseline tests
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Momto2zs

Thread: Baseline tests

Mariah Guest

Default Baseline tests

Hi. I'm new here and I'm new to homeschooling. This year I'll be homeschooling all four of my children. However, only two of those are actually over six. I'm not using a teacher and have found a reasonably priced test I can administer to my children myself, however, I'm confused about the baseline test. Do I need to give the test at the beginning of the first year, or do I wait until the end of the year and use that test as a baseline?

I know I have to turn in my tests to the school district, but I'm not sure if I need to do two the first year or not.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shine some light on this for me. I'm very nervous and just want to make sure I do everything right.

Mariah

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hello Mariah,

Welcome! The regular moderator here is out this week and I'm filling in for her. I'm not familiar with specifics of the Iowa homeschooling laws, but I'd recommend checking out the Iowa State Page where there are lots of helpful resources on the subject. I bet you could find what you're looking for there! If you still find you need help, please come back and post again so we can get you what you need.

We're happy to have you in the Iowa forum, and Welcome to T4L!
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Momto2zs is offline Junior Member Newbie

We were new last year and are in Des Moines. We didn't do a test at the beginning of the year just the Iowa Assessment Test when Des Moines Schools did theirs. We don't have teacher's help we just dual enroll for testing only, then the assessment test is free for your child to take. Hope this helped???
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2zs View Post
    We were new last year and are in Des Moines. We didn't do a test at the beginning of the year just the Iowa Assessment Test when Des Moines Schools did theirs. We don't have teacher's help we just dual enroll for testing only, then the assessment test is free for your child to take. Hope this helped???
    Thanks so much for chiming in with that extremely helpful info!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!