Greene County Home Schooler
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lconnolly
  • 1 Post By Unregistered

Thread: Greene County Home Schooler

lconnolly Guest

Default Greene County Home Schooler

Hi, we're new to homeschooling. Currently we are dual enrolling in the local school system and teaching math and science at home. We are looking for other homeschoolers to gather with for activities/fun.
    bailbrae likes this.

Unregistered Guest

Default Hello Greene County Parent

Hello,

My name is Liz, and I have a full time homeschool student. He is almost 13, and in the 7th grade. I find it hard to locate any other homeschooling parents and children in our area. I am not in Jefferson, or close to, but I am right by Des Moines, in Warren county. I think it would be nice if we could set up a conference or convention type thing that would be for the local home school children and families. With such a small group in Iowa, the school systems are not much help with questions, comments, or suggestions, and without others easily accessible, it is hard to collect and share tips and tricks for successful homeschooling. I have a few ideas as to how to make this happen, and would love any type of feedback. By the way, Time4Learning has great subjects for full and dual enrolled homeschoolers. I used it all last year for most of my curriculum, as well as took advantage of the schedule to stay on top of things. The reports are great, and very detailed, and also let you view the assignments in live mode, so you can see exactly what your children do. This year they have added a new feature to the schedule, now you can select which day of the week you want your child to do the assignment, when last year, you could not do that. I hope you take advantage of everything Time4Learning has to offer, and if you need any other sites great for worksheets, online quizzes, videos, etc. Just let me know, and I will send you links via email. Good luck, and have a great school year!

[email protected]
    bailbrae likes this.