Help with filling out CPI Form
    Melissa-N-IA is offline Junior Member

Default Help with filling out CPI Form

I just signed my 5th grade daughter up for T4L and we will begin homeschooling when Christmas break is over. I am in the process of filling out the CPI form and I need to give our course of study and include the lesson plans along with time spent. I will be using T4L as our main curriculum and adding in a few extras but, my question is how do I fill the CPI form out doing this program? Would I print every single lesson for every subject and send it along with the form or what do you all do for this?

Thanks,
    Melissa

busymomtaylor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Help with filling out CPI Form

Hello Melissa and welcome to Homeschooling!! This is what I have done for the past two years:1) filled out the CPI form A 2)then for number 4) I make my own page and attach it to form A. This is what my page looks like:

Plan of Instruction
    as required by Iowa Code Section 299.4

We plan to utilize the following materials for CHILD NAME,
    for the 2009-2010 school year. We intend to cover the material listed below in a systematic fashion(with some variation in pace as needed according to his/her abilities and interests)over the course of at least 148 days.

Language Arts
    Time4 Learning.com
    Mathematics
    Time4 learning.com
    Science
    Exploring Creation with General Science, Apologia, Dr Jay Wile
    Social Studies
    Building a City on a Hill, American Vision, Gary DeMar
    plus various books from the library as needed

Last year I just used time4learning.com and put that under each subject. What I typed hear is from my 8th graders this year. This is all I have ever handed in and have never had any problems. No one has ever asked for any more. If you want I suppose you could print off the lesson plans from the Lesson Plans page but that is up to you. I would try to keep it simple for your sake. Then if you are asked for more go from there. BTW I got this format off of the Network of Iowa Christian Home Education web page. They even have it in PDF files to print off and then hand write in the needed information.

I know the first year I got real worried I needed to hand in weekly lessons plans . But my Homeschool Assistance Program Teacher said it was not necessary. And she approved the above form.

So good look. I hope you and your child find homeschooling as rewarding as I have. (I will admit there are some trying days here and there but I think you will find trying times everywhere in the walk of life. So I take a deep breath, then eat chocolate, and this too passes.)

Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to share what I know.

Melissa-N-IA is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much for the info. One more question what do you put for time spent? I dont know if they want a general time that we are doing school or time for each subject worked on during the day.

Thanks,
    Melissa

busymomtaylor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Good question. And I don't know...all I have ever done is handed in what I typed in the other reply. I have always thought that saying I would spend 148 days would cover the time spent. If you want you could add in something that says you would spend about X min per subject per school day. That is just an idea though.

Also I am not sure how soon you were going to get the CPI form in but I am thinking you have fourteen days from the last day the child was in school. :-\ Anybody else have any idea?

I would get the CPI form in ASAP though.

crstarlette is offline Senior Member

It does say on the form that you need to turn the form in "within 14 days of removing the student from a ... school". Because I satisfy the state's requirements by participating in a HSAP, I have never had to turn in an outline or lesson plan, so unfortunately I am not much help there.

The form does seem to ask for more than busymomtaylor turns in, but if you can get away with less, I don't know why you would give more. The teachers at the HSAP I go through told me if we didn't go through them I would have to turn in lesson plans for a year, but even the form says that length of time is unnecessary. If I were you I would turn in an outline such as busymomtaylor's, since that works for her. If they want more, they will ask for it, at which time I would make maybe a month's worth of lesson plans, or print out the ones on t4l.