Hurray for the snow storm but school goes on
    busymomtaylor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hurray for the snow storm but school goes on

Ok the public school got out early and will probably not have school tomorrow so my kids are begging for a "snow" day!! How soon they forget we all postponed breakfast and school to don our snow clothes (yes even the one year old and ME) YESTERDAY!!! And we played in the snow!! They also forgot that we all had a scheduled week off of homeschool just last week. The oldest six children have each been out a handful of times today. Yet tomorrow the temps will be so low being outside for any length of time will be bad for the human body. So they beg.... I love having school for the kids to do on these chilly days so I don't hear "I am bored!"
    So how about you, does school go on despite the snow days and what do you do to enjoy the wonderful snow?

cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Hurray for the snow storm but school goes on

We don't get alot of snow here in Tennessee, but when we do school still goes on for us. I would rather work on those cold, windy, snowy days and then take time off on pretty days when everyone else is in school. Homeschool has it's advantages

crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Now that it's getting dark out so early, the neighbor kids don't seem to get home from their dad's until after dark, so my kids don't get to play with them as much. Because of that, anytime the neighbors can play, like when there's a snow day, I can't bear to keep my kids inside. We do what we can after dinner, or if they go home to eat lunch after we've already eaten.

I kept refusing all morning to let the kids out, and made it through three hours of teaching. I finally gave in and let the kids go outside after lunch to do animal chores and play. They all came back in within ten minutes. We have nothing but open field north of our home so the wind was bitter. They actually cried from the little skin that wasn't covered and how the cold make it feel "prickly". None of them asked to go outside after that. So we got a lot accomplished educational wise after that.

graywolf2736 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Being that we are in Central Arizona, we don't get snow days. I do tend to want to get out more around this time of year though. It is definitely nicer to go out this time of year than during the summer. The summer gets really hot and we choose to stay inside then. So I guess we get heat days, not snow days .... lol. School continues during the heat days for us. It is great to home school

Erika

Heat days that sounds wonderful as the temperature drops. Although after being in Mexico in 116 degrees this summer staying in during the hot days makes sense. Homeschooling has its benefits were ever you live.