Keeping the body in shape and homeschooling
    busymomtaylor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Keeping the body in shape and homeschooling

Well it has almost been one month since I had my 7th little angel. Since January I have struggled to exercise and eat a better diet; so I can finally lose some of the pounds, have a healthier body, and more energy(that one might be a dream ). With hs taking so much of my time I am wondering if any of you have found a way to fit in taking good care of yourself. I would love to hear anything. Even a good reality check of you are wonderful the way you are just enjoy life . So do any of you ladies have a great idea?

busymomtaylor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Keeping the body in shape and homeschooling

Ok well this is what I have done. This year in January I joined an American Taekwondo group. The kids started going last fall to get some exercise and then it just seemed natural to join. We have class 2 times a week. My weight is ever so slowly dropping and then here come the holidays with all the good food. I must say we have switched to eating more meat, vegetables and fruit. That means more time in the kitchen and less prepackaged and frozen food. Before you think I have great discipline I must be honest and say the one year old was diagnosed with a severe allergy to cows milk in October. So in an attempt to make our home safe for him we are all eating healthier!! If not for that, frozen food aisle here I come!! I can attest personally to the challenge of staying healthy but I had a friend die in August from cancer (she took care of everyone but put off regular checkups so the cancer had gone too far to stop it) and last week another friend (who has ate out several times a week for years and helped others and never had time to exercise )found out she has cancer for the second time. I love to help others and admire(d) both of these women but I dream of being an 80 yr old lady hiking, going on fun trips and enjoying friends and family so I must take care of me so I can do those things and help others. Unless my time is up before I hit 80 of unnatural causes. So whether you want to lose weight, get in shape or set a good example please take some time to take care of you. You are worth it and some wonderful little people depend on you!