Stress relief or getting a break from it all
    busymomtaylor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Stress relief or getting a break from it all

Ok who feels stressed and thinking when do I get time to take a breath?
    Well after a phone call last night with another homeschooling mom, I realized I am not the only one who feels this way once and awhile. Through the years I have come up with a few different ways to relax. Just a moment ago I went and got some chocolate from my secret stash. Also about four years ago I worked a deal out with my dear hubby that I would be free to do what ever without any mom responsibility on Sunday afternoons. We come home from church I get dinner on the table. After we are done eating I am free !! Sometimes I go to a movie, other times I sleep all afternoon, other days I have read a good book while locked in my room, I have been known to get a snack and then go for a walk at a cemetery, ever once and a great while I go shopping ( I am not a shopper by nature and do not find it relaxing!) So maybe you could work something out and get an afternoon off if not once a week, maybe every other or just one day a month. So just an idea to get out once a week without the family and not doing any mom work(ie grocery shopping)
    Do any of you have great stress buster ideas?

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Stress relief or getting a break from it all

My husband travels extensively for work and our nearest family is 650 miles away. So "me-time" is a few and far-between event. My mother's solution is that when my husband is gone for long periods of time, I should hire a babysitter one day per week to watch the girls for a few hours while my son is at PreK. [She's suggesting 6 hours; I'm thinking more like 3.] That way, I can get a coffee, go to the mall, take a nap, or do whatever on my own. I haven't done it yet, but I am sure I'll look forward to the opportunity to decompress the next time I start to get too stressed and there's no help or end in sight. Now, I just have to find someone I trust to watch my angels.
    Melissa.

denimay is offline Senior Member

Melissa......I know exactly how it feels to be isolated from friends and family. Talk with the parents of your son's preschool....they may have a reliable baby sitter....or they might even belong to or be interested in forming a co-op. If there is a local college you can post a notice or file a request with their "jobs for students" office. If you go to church you could put the word out there. I googled "homeschool groups in washington" and got a ga-zillion hits:

http://www.google.hn/search?hl=en&sourc ... ps+in+wash

I bet you can find one or more groups by you and you'll be able to make friends of your OWN and probably find a solution and an 'angel minder' as well. good luck!! deni..........
    deni may ............
    artist and teacher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

http://www.currclick.com/?affiliate_id=15313

busymomtaylor is offline Junior Member Newbie

Wow I am all for getting a babysitter and getting some down time. I wish I could come up with some ideas for you. I have had to ask ladies in our community(it is small 2000) to watch kids during the day when I have had drs appointments. We have one awesome neighbor that has one day off a week and offers to take the kids every once and awhile ( I try not to abuse the offer). The kids love her and she loves kids it is wonderful. You do not sound stressed but I can not imagine how you do it .