Transferrign from texas to iowa
    Unregistered Guest

Default Transferrign from texas to iowa

I homeschool my two boys, age 7 and 10. My younjgest is 3 and is homebound due to medical issues. I have looked up iowa state laws on homeschooling and do not know what to do! It says that I have to get a form by Aug 26, but we will not be moving until november or december. Can someone tell me what I ned to do? Please and thank you in advance!
    Amber

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Amber and welcome! If you aren't in Iowa by August, you have 14 days from the day you move into the state to partially complete the form and turn it in, and 30 days from the day you move into the state to totally complete the form and turn it in. I don't know what set of laws you looked at, but here is a good set from the HSLDA website:

Iowa Homeschooling Laws

It lays everything out pretty well. But you are ALWAYS welcome to ask any questions you have here Good luck with your move and everything. I am looking forward to chatting with you more and seeing how things are going with you.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Default transferring

She's right! you get 14 days to file. I would suggest reading the CPI Handbook located at Highlights - Iowa Department of Education
    There is nothing like hearing the law straight from the horse's mouth. You can also visit my home school website: Home Learning Resources by Three Sisters -- I've used all three assessment methods over the last twelve years and have some webcasts to watch as well. Peace, -- JULIA

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks for those helpful sites, Julia!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!