Welcome to the Iowa Forum!
    katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the Iowa Forum!

Hi! My name is Katie and I'm your moderator for the Iowa homeschooling forum. This forum is designed to be a source of information, resources, support, and encouragement to those of you homeschooling in "The Hawkeye State."

If you are new to homeschooling in Iowa, you might want to check out our Homeschooling in Iowa information page where we cover state-related laws, resources, and curriculum information. You also might want to download our free "Welcome to Homeschooling" guide, which includes comprehensive information about homeschooling in any state.

If you'd like to keep up with everything going on in this forum, you can easily subscribe by clicking on the "Forum Tools" button in the upper right of the group main page, then clicking on "subscribe to this forum" in the dropdown box. That way you won't miss any of the great info or discussions.

I hope you will feel free to ask questions, post comments and share information (you could even vent if you need to! ) about anything related to Iowa homeschooling in this forum.

Thanks for stopping by...why not take a minute and introduce yourself below?

Happy Homeschooling!
    Last edited by bailbrae; 03-15-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Oneoftwomoms Guest

Default New to this forum and to homeschooling

Hi, I was wondering how active this forum is and about how many people use it? I am a new homeschooler starting this fall with my 5 yr old daughter and am just looking for support and guidance. We have 2 2year olds at home that we intend to homeschool as well. How long has this forum been running? Is there a best place to start on here?

Thanks
    Lytishya

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Lytishya, and welcome! Right now, the group isn't very active, but we did recently change our group format so hopefully people will start joining. It's also summer, which cuts down a little on the activity.

Even though the group isn't too active, you can still scroll through and see if any of the past topics provide you with information. You can also check some of our main forums, like Questions and Answers of families thinking about joining, New Member introduction, Members chat on using T4L and Homeschool Questions. They aren't state specific, but there is more general discussion going on.

I would also like to suggest T4L's Getting Started with Homeschooling Guide. It's a great read, with a lot of info...but it's not too overwhelming or anything.

Always feel free to post any questions you may have! I look forward to chatting with you more...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

kloving70 is offline Junior Member

Hi Lytishya! I will be a new homeschooling mom this fall (2012) and also hope this forum gets some activity!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to post a brief introduction here. I am your new moderator. I am new to the Iowa forums, but not new to homeschooling or time4learning. I just moved back to my home state of Iowa in March. But I have been homeschooling using time4learning for over 5 years now. I have an eleven year old son in 4th grade. We started the program with preK. I also have five adult children. My daughter is homeschooling her three children. She also uses time4learning.

It's nice to meet all of you. I look forward to chatting with you.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota