Can I pay someone else to homeschool my child
    Unregistered Guest

Lightbulb Can I pay someone else to homeschool my child

I have a 4 year old girl. I was wondering if anyone in Kansas has had someone home school their kids for them? I'm not sure if its legal, how much it would cost or for how long. I just started looking into it. Please tell me about your experience. thank you.

RaisingSaints is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a 4 year old girl. I was wondering if anyone in Kansas has had someone home school their kids for them? I'm not sure if its legal, how much it would cost or for how long. I just started looking into it. Please tell me about your experience. thank you.
    I came across your question while seeking the same information, but as the one providing the serive.

Per HSDL (under "Laws per State" Joint Homeschooling, Legal Questions, HSDLA ), yes. You may hire someone to teach your children. Since, in KS, a homeschool is classified as a "non-accredited private school" automatically, and is really simple to do. Took me 5 minutes to complete the online form. I have been homeschooling for 3yrs. It has been one of the best decisions that I have made..

Good [email protected] to you..

Sincerely,
    Heather