Home School programs...
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By topsytechie
  • 1 Post By katshu2

Thread: Home School programs...

Kat369 Guest

Default Home School programs...

Can anyone suggest an online Accredited home schooling program?

topsytechie is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kat369 View Post
    Kat - - by accredited, I think you are referring to virtual schooling? No online homeschooling programs that I am aware of are accredited, although these days, if you are trying to place a child back into a school setting or even into a college setting, accreditation doesn't really make much of a difference. Any public school will accept a child who has been homeschooling, with or without an accredited curriculum. If, however, you are meaning that you would like to enroll your child in a virtual charter school provided by the state, then that will depend on the state you live in. To find out if your state provides tuition-free online virtual schooling you will want to use a search engine and type in ___(state name)___ + virtual school. If you are simply looking for a great online homeschool curriculum you certainly should try out the Time4Learning program. It was a life-saver for us!!
    bailbrae likes this.

Grace47 Guest

Default Connections Academy

Connections Academy is free in Kansas and I believe it is run through the public school system. Since we've been very happy at T4L, I have never tried it, although, I have met others who loved it.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    Connections Academy is free in Kansas and I believe it is run through the public school system. Since we've been very happy at T4L, I have never tried it, although, I have met others who loved it.
    Many people enjoy and are successful with the state virtual schools. I think it's important to really know what you want out of homeschooling. There is no wrong answer, lol, but using a virtual school is more like public school at home. You have no choices when it come to curricula, you follow a school calendar, that kind of thing. Using other programs like Time4Learning opens your family up to more choices, more flexibility, etc.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

RaisingSaints is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kat369 View Post
    There are some.. Seton is one (Catholic). if you are looking for publicly funded, then K12/ Lawrence virtual academy (aka a Charter online school). We used K12 for 2yrs, but switched as I was noticing some politics w/in & they are also mandated to use common core & all tests (KS is now testing beginning in Kindergarten, 2-3 times a yr). I was just done w/ all the insane testing (first such test was just 2 months into the yr) & the common core w/ the politics/ agenda hidden w/ in..