How to know if they pass the grade? Play groups?
    Unregistered Guest

Default How to know if they pass the grade? Play groups?

How does T4L determine if they pass the grade level. I just started this in Oct. Also, I am having a hard time getting mentoring from a group I paid to join. How do you log or do you at all? Anyone in the kansas city area? They only meet once or twice a month and I want more than that for my kids! Thanks, Mary

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How does T4L determine if they pass the grade level. I just started this in Oct. Also, I am having a hard time getting mentoring from a group I paid to join. How do you log or do you at all? Anyone in the kansas city area? They only meet once or twice a month and I want more than that for my kids! Thanks, Mary
    Hi there, and welcome! As far as whether they pass or fail, T4L doesn't really determine that. You can check their scores on all of their activities/quizzes/tests and see how they did. You would determine what your pass/fail score would be (for instance, do you want anything below a 70 to be a "fail," or do you want to set the bar higher or lower?). If they make below your pass/fail score, you can have them re-do that particular lesson/quiz. At least, that's how we handle that type of thing here.

For groups, I'm unfortunately not in your area, but here are a few sites where you can look through and see if something is close to you and might be a good fit:

Support Groups
    Homeschool World: Kansas Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups
    Kansas Homeschool Groups, Events, & Activities

Hope that helped, at least a little...

Always feel free to ask any questions you may have, and please keep us posted with how things are going for you guys!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Red face In Kansas city (olathe area)

Hello we are just beginning to homeschool, first grade boy 6 yr old. We are in olathe, ks. Would like to meet up with other T4L folks and those that are near us too for feedback and playdates!
    Smile
    B

Blog Entries

Hello we are just beginning to homeschool, first grade boy 6 yr old. We are in olathe, ks. Would like to meet up with other T4L folks and those that are near us too for feedback and playdates!
    Smile
    B
    Hello, and welcome!
    Katie

Unregistered Guest

We would love to get toether. I have a 7 year old daughter and 4 year old boy.

Blog Entries

We would love to get toether. I have a 7 year old daughter and 4 year old boy.
    Hello and welcome!

For those who are posting about meeting up, that's wonderful! We have a lot of "unregistered" guests posting, and when you are unregistered, there's no way for other members to contact you. If you register with the forum, then folks here can PM each other and work on getting together for play groups and such.
    Katie

RaisingSaints is offline Junior Member Newbie

I live in Olathe. Though new to this forum, so I am not familiar w/ what services are offered..

I have 4 children- 3 girls; nearly 11, 6, & 5yrs & a son; 4yrs old. I will be helping a friends son next yr, & he is 8yrs old.