bailbrae - 08-23-2010, 04:38 PM - permalink
Do we have anyone who is starting out their very first year of homeschooling? If so, how did homeschooling come to be in your family and what are your plans for this upcoming year?

Please share with us!

PinkyMorche - 11-19-2010, 09:41 AM - permalink
We are new to homeschooling this year. I pulled my second grader out of public school after multiple problems, my biggest one was that she got in trouble for praying at lunch. Followed closely behind the fact all the school teachs anymore is what is on the state assessments because if they fail one more time they loose acreditations, there is more to learning then those silly tests. As for my plan it is just to make it through the first year intact, since my daughter is a mini-me we tend to but heads often. Which is also why I came to T4L to supplement our workbooks that we struggle with, specifically language arts.
So far our biggest challenge is fighting the public school teaching style, at least once a day she says "that is not how public school does it." I know that is why I am doing it that way, ahh, lol. Overall it has been the best thing for our family and I am glad that we choose to homeschool.