Scheduling

Thread: Scheduling

The Young Family is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Scheduling

To everyone out there that has a problem with scheduling, I feel your pain.

At first, I sat down and typed out what we needed to do and what wanted to get accomplished.

Then later, I found that with all three of us being ADHD and dyslexic a strict schedule would not work.

So parents, don't feel bad if you are not sticking to a hard and fast schedule. Whatever works for you is fine, and don't let anyone make you feel it is not.

I am not only the mother of the house and caretaker, I have some livestock to tend to, and the house/laundry, of course, as well as overseeing the education.

So give yourself a break, we juggle a lot and I things we 'moms' or 'dads'. So do the best you can.

You are the only one that knows what your kids need, and where you need to make changes. You don't have to validate what you are doing. You have a big important job so hang in there.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Young Family View Post
    To everyone out there that has a problem with scheduling, I feel your pain.

At first, I sat down and typed out what we needed to do and what wanted to get accomplished.

Then later, I found that with all three of us being ADHD and dyslexic a strict schedule would not work.

So parents, don't feel bad if you are not sticking to a hard and fast schedule. Whatever works for you is fine, and don't let anyone make you feel it is not.

I am not only the mother of the house and caretaker, I have some livestock to tend to, and the house/laundry, of course, as well as overseeing the education.

So give yourself a break, we juggle a lot and I things we 'moms' or 'dads'. So do the best you can.

You are the only one that knows what your kids need, and where you need to make changes. You don't have to validate what you are doing. You have a big important job so hang in there.
    That's GREAT advice! Thanks for sharing! It took me years (yes, years, lol!) to finally accept that I DIDN'T have to validate every little step we took...or didn't take for that matter...to people. It can be tough, but like you said, every parent should just do the best they can and hang in there. And enjoy this journey!!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!