wanting to pull my kid out of school to home school him what are the 1st steps to tak
    Unregistered Guest

Red face wanting to pull my kid out of school to home school him what are the 1st steps to tak

hello all , how is everyone on this lovely morning? any whoo, im in the Process of wanting to home school my kid and need the step by step basis on how to do that i already looked up the legalities and regulations on it and it says for my type of schooling which is a Private school or a non accerdited school im doing doesn't have any time of limits or restraints on how i can teach my child, so i ask as for today what do i do to get him started with home schooling with out all the online programs and K-12 programs but teaching your child with text books, and other tools. does any body have any advice for me how to get started when it comes to a Private school, like how do i excuse my child from school if i wanted to start immediatley?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums! I'm not from KS, so I can't give personal experience with KS laws, but I did just want to say hi and wish you luck! Hopefully some of our other KS members will chime in and give you some help. In the meantime, be sure to poke around all of the boards we have here, you may find answers to your questions (the ones not specific to KS) in those.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Hello friend, I am sorry for such a delay in a reply. I have just discovered the boards and have been using Time 4 Learning since mid December. Although I have only been here for a couple months, I have been homeschooling for 13 years now. I would love to help you out if you still need some. I am from the Wichita area, in case you were curious. Just give me a reply back if you are still needing some questions answered and I will do my best to help you out.

Karen

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: wanting to pull my kid out of school to home school him what are the 1st steps to

I'm just learning too and would appreciate feedback as well.

MJ510 is offline Member

Default Re: wanting to pull my kid out of school to home school him what are the 1st steps to

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm just learning too and would appreciate feedback as well.

Hi & welcome to Time4Learning! Be sure to register for an account so you can come back to respond!

The 1st place you will likely start is by researching your state laws and being sure to follow all instructions to complete the withdrawal process. (Be sure to document fully and get receipts. For mailings send certified with return receipt requested!)

These two items both contain useful info as you make this transition to homeschooling:

4 Ways to Manage a Midyear Homeschool Transition

Welcome to Homeschooling Guide

Wishing you all the best! Let us know how you're doing!