1. bailbrae - 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM - permalink
    Do we have any families that are homeschooling a special needs child or a gifted child using Time4Learning?

Please share how the program works with your family's needs and what your school day looks like.
  2. momof3inkansas - 11-16-2010, 11:14 PM - permalink
    Hola, yes, i have a 13 year old autistic child, this 10"-11" school year will be our first complete year.

Last year i withdrew him from public school during the end of october because of the same problems,
    being verbal disruptive in class (laughing, humming, tapping his pencil on desk) all these things he has no control over. However he was suspended more than he was in class, therefore not learning anything and had Horrible grades. So it was my choice as a parent to remove him from topeka 501.
    Anyhoo, i didnt have a lesson plan or school set up for him last year, i ordered $200 of educational supplies and taught him myself.
    This year i did research and found this school which is both wonderful and affordable!!!
    The best part about this is the interactive video instructions. unfortunately he is in 8th grade this yr. so i don't know what i'm gonna do next year, he is so comfortable with this routine and doing great.
    i need help from someone, with info about a similar school for 9th -12th??
    And, That i didn't realize that homeschoolers still require state assesments. Where do we do those test and when??
    help!!!
    Thanks
  3. PinkyMorche - 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM - permalink
    You might look into Insight School of Kansas for high school. It is a public school but all online, they even send you a computer and printer. The staff and teachers are great, I actually graduated this program just this year and got to walk across that stage finally (KS lets adults finish school with this program but they keep kids and adults in separate classes). There are deadlines for assignments and you have virtual classes to attend live or watch. It might not work but worth the time to look into it. Since it is a public school they do run on the typical school year and will start enrollments in spring just like any other high school. They also had BBQ's, bowling outings, prom, and graduation ceremony.
    Here is a link to look it over Kansas Free Online High School Diploma | Free Online Education | INSIGHT SCHOOLS
  4. momof3inkansas - 11-19-2010, 06:50 PM - permalink
    Thanks pinky
  5. bailbrae - 11-21-2010, 10:14 AM - permalink
    Hi mom of 3! I'm so glad that T4L is working so well for you guys! My oldest is in 6th grade this year, but I am hoping and praying that T4L develops some sort of high school program before my son has to start. If not, I will be looking at other options too and that's scary for me, lol. We have been using T4L since 2nd grade... I don't know that I would even know how to begin looking for something else!

Pinky - thanks so much for that link and that info. Looks like it could help a lot of homeschooling high schoolers out!