2nd grade advice
    kmom08 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 2nd grade advice

My 6 year old daughter currently attends 1st grade at public school, due to New rezoning she would have to switch schools for 2nd grade. We have decided to homeschool instead. I've read all the laws, but I am wondering if anyone has advice on supplementing or adding to this program to fulfill the state requirements. Thanks in advance

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello.

Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling! Since you're new to homeschooling, this Guide to Homeschooling should be helpful and may offer some answers and ideas to your question about supplementing.

We use Time4Learning as our main curriculum. We only supplement science and social studies. We use non-fiction as well as historical fiction books for social studies and science. We also borrow documentaries or movies from the library or watch them on Netflix to supplement these subjects. We don't have cable, but there are some great channels on there if you do, like Animal Planet. This is such a fun age to homeschool because there are just so many things you can do, like go to the park and do research on the birds, bugs or plants you find. I also use Pinterest for ideas on hands-on activities or science experiments. And of course, we also go on field trips with our local homeschool support group. You may also want to look into joining a homeschool 4-club.

There are other Time4Learning Parent forums here, like one for kindergarten through third grade and another for parents who are new to homeschooling. I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Best wishes to you on your homeschooling journey!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass