Does anyone know the status of the Tim Tebow bill in KY
    Unregistered Guest

Default Does anyone know the status of the Tim Tebow bill in KY

My family and i recently moved to KY for my job. We homeschool our children but I would like for them to play competitive sports as well. In PA they were allowed to compete with the schools in their district and in GA there were club sports that superceded middle and high schools. Just wondering if we would be allowed to play in KY or if we will need to consider public school.

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

Unregistered Guest

Default Thank you

I saw that one. I am guessing that it did not pass since I can not find any more information on it. Does anybody live in a district where homeschooled kids are allowed to play?

Thank you

Unregistered Guest

Default Thank you

Thanks for the links. I had found some of those. I am guessing by the lack of current information that it has not passed. We live in a very small town and there are very few options for athletics for our kids. I hate for them to miss out on that and my son is pretty good at his chosen sport. We will do whatever traveling is necessary, but it would so make sense for the local school districts to take homeschoolers. I think they are really missing out on some good talent and the arguements about monitoring and grades and cheating are so blown out of proportion.

If anyone knows how a child can play for a middle or JV team in this state please let me know.

Thank you

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation Homeschool and athletics

Just to let anyone interested know, I just received an email from Dawn Offut with the KY Dept of Education. She informed me that the bill did not pass and that to participate in athletics, that a child would have to be enrolled in the public school. To me this is an insult but what can we do?

Thank you for the help.

Last edited by Skool Time; 07-01-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Parent Guest

Default Concerned

Seems like there would be a way to find out for sure if it didn't go through. Also if it didn't how close it came to passing and if it'll be tried again and again until it does pass.

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Here is the website to find out what is going on with it...Home
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure