Enrolling in an accredited home school program in Kentucky
    jadcru97 Guest

Exclamation Enrolling in an accredited home school program in Kentucky

I am trying to see what all of my options are in homeschools. There is Bavel which I am scheduled to meet with on the 17th but am needing to know a few more options that are out there. I would like to have a Plan B in place in case the homeschool program Barren County offers falls through. Recommendations please and options

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Enrolling in an accredited home school program in Kentucky

Hi. This is a support forum for Time4Learning, a homeschool curriculum . . . not an accredited online school.

Kentucky has no real homeschool statute. Home schools are considered private schools. You can homeschool without enrolling in an accredited program.

You either homeschool or are enrolled in an accredited program. Many people mistakenly refer to online schools as "homeschool", because the work is done at home. It isn't about location. It's about who directs the child's education. If you want to homeschool and use your choice of curriculum (like Time4Learning), you only need to notify your local school board, keep an attendance record, and teach "in a similar manner" as public schools. There are no teacher qualifications and no student testing required.

If you want to enroll in an accredited school, that is also an option. But, when doing your research, you should leave the term "homeschool" out of your search terms for more accurate results.

Good luck to you as you explore your options!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!