establishment of private school
    Unregistered Guest

Default establishment of private school

Im considering homeschooling and was curious how to establish a "private school?" Is it just because you 'hang your shingle" or do you have to go through an actual state/legal process?

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

all you have to do is name ur school ie: unregistered academy (ur academy is ur private school) and send a letter of intent to ur nearest school disctrict. (addressed to the school superintendent)
    theres no 'actual' state or legal requirements, what is required is to teach your homeschooled kids the subjects: english/history (social studies)math/science. and whatever else YOU want to add to it.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You need to check the homeschool laws for your state because each state has its own requirements. My state (Georgia) recognizes my letter of intent as my legal right to homeschool. Some states require you to be under an umbrella school, private school... Here is a list of all the states so you can select yours.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

here in our state ok ky is one of the laid back state when it comes to homeschooling.
    the requirements ive alrleady mentioned below is all u need.
    unless im missing something for 3 years. and if i do, then a lot of homeschooling family here in my neighborhood and groups are missing it.
    Last edited by Skool Time; 08-27-2011 at 08:52 AM.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

here in our state ok ky is one of the laid back state when it comes to homeschooling.
    the requirements ive alrleady mentioned below is all u need.
    unless im missing something for 3 years. and if i do, then a lot of homeschooling family here in my neighborhood and groups are missing it.
    I am very happy it is so easy to homeschool in your state. That sure makes it nice for the parent.
    I didn't realize this was the KY state forum when I posted. I thought I was reading under a different forum. Thanks for pointing that out for me. Blush, Blush!!
    Last edited by jpenn; 08-27-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: saw mistake in post
    Joyfully,
    Jackie