How do we get started?
    On Eagle's Wings is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question How do we get started?

Hi,

We wanted to start our child in homeschool this year (Fall time frame). We live in Versailles, KY. What is the first steps we need to take in order to start this marvelous journey.
    Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello there So sorry for the delay in me getting back to you, I was out of town. First, congrats on your decision to homeschool, that is the first step to getting on this journey right?! You might want to check out our Kentucky Homeschooling State page , where we cover state-related laws, resources, and curriculum information. You also might want to download our free "Welcome to Homeschooling" guide, which includes comprehensive information about homeschooling in any state. Here is what you need to do for homeschooling in Kentucky~
    In Kentucky, homeschools are classified as "private schools," which makes the basic legal requirements simple. Each year, you must notify the superintendent of pupil personnel in your county of your intent to homeschool. You are required to keep a record of 175 instructional days, along with scholarship reports.
    Subjects taught should include, but are not limited to: reading, writing, spelling, grammar, history, mathematics, and civics. There are no educational requirements for parents who homeschool. Student compulsory age is 6 years old. (Simply check-mark the days that you homeschool on a planner, which also serves as my record of what you are teaching.
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

itsjustme is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello, we are fairly close neighbors. Did you get your child started this past fall? Would you be so kind as to offer a few tips to someone wanting to start this upcoming fall? My child is 5th grade. I feel the need to remove him from public school.

rachel77 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi everyone, I am in the process of beginning to home school my sons, grades 7 and 9. I have researched a lot of different resources online, but would really appreciate any helpful info. on this subject. Thanks so much!