i would like to pull my 16 year old
    momofmatt Guest

Default i would like to pull my 16 year old

Hello
    I would like to home school my sixteen year old son , he's in a public school right now. Has been getting harassed by the teachers and principles.
    His grades are dropping. Anyway how to i get the ball rolling?
    Thanks

BreBreLewis28 is offline Junior Member

Default Hello

Hello, my name is Bre and i came across your post. First i would like to say i am very sorry your son has to go through this i totally understand as a mom were your coming from.

Back in 2013 school season i found myself right were your are my elementary schooler who was in 5th grade at the time was going through the same thing my son has Adhd he has a 504 and IME in place but for some reason 5th grade year was horrible. His teacher harassed him called him names in front of the class which cause my son to act out so very badly it was like he was being bullied by not only his classmates but his teachers i had a conference with the school because his terapist warned me if we didn't do something it would only get worse which it did my son became so distanted and angry all the time he couldn't sleep he was having nightmares so i just couldn't take it anymore and i finally took him out of public school my son is now in 6th grade with time for learning and he is now the out going child we had before all this i'm now homeschooling my 6,7,11 grader as a mom if you feel any kind a way about what there doing to your child go with your instinct take him out.....Really hope everything works out for you and your son time 4 learning is great my 11th grader loves it...

BreBreLewis28 is offline Junior Member

Oh sorry i forgot to tell you i am not sure what state your in but they have post on here from each state that tell you have to get the ball rolling. Here in Kentucky were i am i had to write a letter of intent to home school which is really easy basic information and his grade i took it down to the board of education signed my letter there and they took him put the system in less then 10 min i received his transcript in the mail in 2 days....He was in 10th grade at the time I signed him up with a online school name James Madison High which he got credit for everything he did in public school this year 11th grade year he is still with James Madison High but i'v also added time for learning James Madison also provides a graduation ceremony. Hope this helps.