Just moved to KY and need some help
    mammabliske is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Just moved to KY and need some help

HI! We just moved to KY and I need some help. Before we moved here I had looked up the laws and have a letter of intent ready to send (I was really detailed as we moved in the middle of the year) but I cannot find who to send it to in McCracken county... We live in Paducah and somewhere I'd found a list of who to send the letters of intent to before I moved here but I can't find it anymore and can't remember if I send it to the local Paducah school district or... please help I don't want to get hasseled for taking to long to send this letter in. Oh and I am including attendance records and grade records since the beginning of the year with my letter just so they can't request them later since I haven't been here since the beginning of the school year.

thank you everyone and merry christmas

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Mammabliske, Welcome to Time4Learning and to Kentucky. The way I read the law you must notify the local board of education by letter of intent to teach your child(ren) at home, giving the names, ages, and address of each child. You should keep a copy of this letter. Here is a great link to the law in Kentucky. If you look around this link you will also find a list of Kentucky homeschool support groups. Since you've been doing this for a while, you know how important a local support group is.

Please let us know if we can help with any questions or anything at all to help you settle in to your new home.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota