Ky homeschool letter of intent - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ky homeschool letter of intent

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Yes I will do very best to answer any questions that you might have!! I do have a secret weapon by the name of Skool TimeLOL
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

kelley0123 Guest

Default letter of intent

I have my letter all ready to go but my printer is out of ink. I looked up the local superintendent email and emailed it to him. He is right down the street and I could print it at the library, but I asked if he needed my signature on it and if he could print it out and I would stop down and sign it. He has not answered me yet. Do you know if I can email it or does it have to be a physical piece of paper with my signature on it?

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

Play it safe, do the 'physical' instead of email. You will need a signature and make sure u have ur own copy.

Unregistered Guest

Post Letter of Intent??

I started homeschooling my son in 2nd grade. The first homeschool I used filled out forms that I delivered to the board of education. Since then, I have removed him from that homeschool into T4L. This program is much more relevant to public school and keeps his interest. I was wondering is it required that I fill out a letter of intent every year?

Skool Time is offline Senior Member

yes it is required. Kentucky Home School Requirements

Notify the local superintendent of schools each year by letter that you have established a home school and report the names, ages and place of residence of each of your children in attendance at the school and any other information the superintendent might require to carry out the laws relating to compulsory attendance;

Hylariiw is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Just starting...ahhh

I have a thirds grader currently in public school, I know I need to write a letter of intent, do I have to wait for the school year to be over with or can I start in the middle? ANY SUGGESTIONS on making this process simple and easy are appreciated! Do I need to let the principal and teacher know? THANKS!
    bailbrae likes this.

khinton1979 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello Hylarii. We pulled our son out in the middle of fifth grade in KY (nelson county). Just went to the office with a letter of intent. Online enrollment letter printed from Time for Learning and signed all the papers in the office. He was removed from class and started homeschool the next day. Best wishes and congratulations on making a changing in your child's life!!
    bailbrae likes this.

Unregistered Guest

Default love it!!

I started homeschooling my little girl who is 5 this year and I absolutely love it!! She has learned so much and I love the one on one time she gets to learn at her own pace!

Unregistered Guest

Default about the letter of intent

IS this for Kentucky? Is this all you will need in the letter? no info on the curriculum?
    I am asking because after this summer i will be homeschool my two sons.
    Thanks so much!
    From Jennifer in Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Skool Time View Post
    hey teetia i just created mine ill dig it up and post it for you.
    July 5, 2011

Name of your, Superintendent
    their phone number
    address

Re: Homeschooling our (daughter/son /children)

Dear superintendent (full name)
    This letter is to inform you that we will be homeschooling our son/daughter/children during the 2011-2012 academic school year. Below is/are the name and age of our ( son/daughter/children), and information about our school.

(Name of ur school)
    ________________Academy

Names:

Ages:

Grades:

Our school will take place in our home at:
    (ur house address)

Names of Parents/Teachers:

(make a copy for urself each year)
    Cc: Homeschool files year 2011-2012
    lovehmschlg likes this.

mommy2girlsx2 is offline Junior Member

I just want to make sure I don't have to do anything more than provide a letter of intent in order to pull my child from public school? We live in one county right now and will be moving in a month or so and I am just wondering if I need to send another letter of intent once I get moved?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast