need SERIOUS help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Unregistered

Thread: need SERIOUS help

Unregistered Guest

Default need SERIOUS help

I am related to three children being home schooled in KY. They should be in 7, 8, 9 grades. They are barely through the 5th grade level curriculum. What would I do to help these kids? They are seriously lacking common knowledge and abilities that I am afraid will harm them long term in the real world if something isn't done. The individual 'teaching' them, should not be. They do not have a schedule they stick to, they are VERY off the grid, and these kids will suffer in the End. I'm not disagreeing with their right to homeschool, but as older choldren, they are hurting more than helping the kids. Advice?

Unregistered Guest

Default Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am related to three children being home schooled in KY. They should be in 7, 8, 9 grades. They are barely through the 5th grade level curriculum. What would I do to help these kids? They are seriously lacking common knowledge and abilities that I am afraid will harm them long term in the real world if something isn't done. The individual 'teaching' them, should not be. They do not have a schedule they stick to, they are VERY off the grid, and these kids will suffer in the End. I'm not disagreeing with their right to homeschool, but as older choldren, they are hurting more than helping the kids. Advice?
    You need to report the parents to the Cabinet for Health & Family Services. A social worker will investigate and will most likely bring a petition against the parents accusing them of educational neglect. This proceeding will take place in juvenile court, which is civil, rather than in criminal court. That is not to say, however, that criminal charges may not follow. In juvenile court, the goal is generally to establish a case plan for parents to follow so that children will get the education and care that they need.

Unregistered Guest

Default Help

Maybe you can offer to help with the children's learning. Kids always enjoy someone besides mom/dad helping them and giving them attention.
    lovehmschlg likes this.