New Father in need of help for my son....
    dhoke90 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Father in need of help for my son....

Okay, I wont get into how it happened but, within the last six months I have found out I am a father of a wonderful six year old, He is currently living with his mother ( my future wife) in caroll county ky, situations have come about, to the point of we have no choice but to transfer schools. With only a few weeks left in the school year, I myself was wondering about maybe a homeschooling option untill the new school year, or if he has completed enough schooling to suffice for the rest of the year.

Thanks with any help,

Donnie.

Btw, I searched most threads and couldn't find a similar situation. I also know I am a NOOB, but honestly I am a NOOB at everything that has to do with a parent, I just only want what is best for my son.

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Donnie~
    Here is a great site for most questions for anyone wanting to know more about homeschooling....Home Schooling in Kentucky
    But it sounds like to me you are only wanting to finish out a couple of weeks of this school year is that correct? If so I would suggest you talk to the school your son is in now. At age 6 I can't imagine that they are doing too much in the way of learning new (educational) material. Maybe find out if they are doing any testing and see if they can accomplish that before you pull him out. I took one of my boys out when we moved from IL and his teacher there gave us homework to do ( and even books so that he didn't fall behind. (but that was in the middle of the school year.
    Another great option is to use a program like T4L with anything that the school may give you for him to do. This program is wonderful for helping keep up with his studies and my boys love it.

Please come back and let us know what you decide
    best wishes
    Michelle
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure