New to homeschooling
    lacoker is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to homeschooling

My husband and I are going to begin homeschooling our 3 kids after this school year ends. We have read the laws and now I have a few questions. Do you have to get curriculum as a whole set, or can you just get random books that work for you and your children? Do you have to have certain testing at the end of each lesson, or can you make your own?
    I'm sure I have other questions, but that's all I can think of now.

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the group you might want to check out our Kentucky Homeschooling State page , where we cover state-related laws, resources, and curriculum information. You also might want to download our free "Welcome to Homeschooling" guide, which includes comprehensive information about homeschooling in any state.There is no end of the testing required.And ....
    In Kentucky, homeschools are classified as "private schools," which makes the basic legal requirements simple. Each year, you must notify the superintendent of pupil personnel in your county of your intent to homeschool. You are required to keep a record of 175 instructional days, along with scholarship reports.
    Subjects taught should include, but are not limited to: reading, writing, spelling, grammar, history, mathematics, and civics. There are no educational requirements for parents who homeschool. Student compulsory age is 6 years old. (Simply check-mark the days that you homeschool on a planner, which also serves as my record of what you are teaching.
    I hope this helps
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure