Northern Ky parents
    sherrybp Guest

Wink Northern Ky parents

Hi I'm Sherry and brand new to this way of schooling. I have a daughter in 8th grade and I am a single/divorced, full-time working (outside the home) mom.

I'm looking to see if there are other N. Ky. parents here. I'm very nervous but excited about the homeschooling but I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. : )

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sherry. It's so nice to meet you. It sounds like you have a very full plate right now. I would suggest you look for a local homeschool group so you can sit down with other moms and ask questions. It will be good for you to have contact with other moms and great for your daughter to interact with other teens who live close to you. Sit down and read through the link I left above and I'm sure you will find someone to connect with. Good luck on your journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

JenWritesGood is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, Sherry. I'm homeschooling my nine year-old daughter for the first time this year. We live in Independence. Our kids might not be close in age, but if you're looking more for support and camaraderie than for playmates, we're here!

Blog Entries

One of the great things that I have found with homeschoolers is that the kids aren't locked into the idea that 9 year olds can only hang out with nine year olds or 8th graders can only hang out with eighth graders. The kids seem to socialize well with all age groups. Your kids will probably get along just fine ofr a playdate as well as friendship for you moms.

Unregistered Guest

Hey there, I am also a Norhtern KY mother of 2 kids- 5 yrs and 12yrs old. We been doing this for 3yrs and we all love it. I would love to meet other people in the local area. Support, help, Lunch what ever it would mean to be there for others. I would love to share my ways of doing different things. I am also a single parent full time. So there is time I need support from others. I am from Florence Ky so get back to me I think it would be great to know others and to have one other. Thanks

Michelle

Blog Entries

Hi Michelle. Welcome to the forums. This link has a list of resources for homeschoolers in Kentucky. Perhaps you will be able to find some groups that your family fit in with. That's the best place to find other homeschoolers in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by JenWritesGood View Post
    Hi, Sherry. I'm homeschooling my nine year-old daughter for the first time this year. We live in Independence. Our kids might not be close in age, but if you're looking more for support and camaraderie than for playmates, we're here!
    Hi, We also live in Independence! Small world!

I really appreciate your reply. I hope things are going well with your first year!

Very nice to "meet" you.

Sherry

Blog Entries

Sherry I hope you are able to meet up with Michelle in real life since you live close by.