Okay KY homeschoolers....I know you're out there.....
    MarcyKY is offline Member Newbie

Default Okay KY homeschoolers....I know you're out there.....

let's get this party started!

Have a question, we'd love to answer it!!

Have a comment, we'd love to hear it!!

Have a blog to share, we'd love to see it!!
    ~Marcy~
    homeschooling momma to Ben, age 8 (3rd grade)
    The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst lovely things. ~Plato
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sirgalahadacademy
    T4L Kentucky Homeschool Rep

jenniferhoover is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Okay KY homeschoolers....I know you're out there.....

Hello, my name is Jennifer Hoover, I just began homeschooling in October of 2009. I am loving every bit of teaching my two youngest children my daughter in 5th grade and my son in 2nd grade, I teach across the grades in most subjects except skill based subjects such as math. I use multiple sources for my curriculum ranging from SOS from alpha omega publishing to free curriculum I have put together myself after much research. I do not have any fellow homeschool mothers in KY to pull advice from or to co-teach or have field trips with, I would love to at least have someone to share experiences with or go on field trips with.
    I am also interested in learning about the laws in KY about issuing our own diplomas, college enrollment, record keeping, etc. Anyone who is versed in the requirements, please let me know
    Anyone is welcome to visit my blog www.teachingtheheartofachild.blogspot.com

Adai is offline Junior Member Newbie

We homeschool in Union County, Kentucky. We range from preschool to high school in all subject areas. Ages are 4 (girl), 9 (girl), 12 (boy), 13 (girl). We've been using T4L for almost 2 years and are very satisfied. While our students are well socialized, we are looking for a coop. Is there one in this county?
    Adai

srbrts is offline Senior Member

Hello Adai,
    This is ur local coop group in ur county. And here is the list of all the local HS coop in KY.
    http://localhs.com/store/
    Audubon Christian Co-op
    Keeping Families Connected!
    Audubon Christian Co-op is more than a support group, we are a family. With members from Henderson, Webster, and Union County we meet every Friday offering fellowship and worship for moms, and also classes and activities for the children. Frequently we like to go on field trips and plan family get togethers for our homeschooling families.
    Meeting: Weekly on Fridays
    10175 US Highway 41A, Henderson, KY 42420

Serving: Arnold, Caseyville, Dekoven, Grove Center, King Mills, Morganfield, Stugis, Uniontown, Waverly, and surrounding communities.
    Union, KY
    Toni Hart
    Ph270) 826-1121
    Last edited by srbrts; 03-17-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: editing the 'country to county...LOL