Welcome to Kentucky Homeschool Forum + Roll Call - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    hward3483 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Welcome to Kentucky Homeschool Forum + Roll Call

I am brand new to homeschooling. I pulled my Kindergartener out after the first grading period this school year. I had a question about homeschooling hours. Can I count the first 9 weeks my little one spent in public school towards the hours needed to complete the year or do they start over when I begin our homeschool year? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Heather - Nicholasville, KY

pepperqueen77 is offline Junior Member

Hi... I'm Beth.. I have one daughter and her name is Amie. We live in the western ky area.... Amie is in the 8th grade. This is our 3rd time using time 4 learning... I am in the process of getting Amie's spelling word lists and activities together so she can have weekly spelling tests and other spelling activities to practice her words before the test at the end of the week. I can't wait to post in the ky group.... I have found some really helpful links that may help others! We are all in this together lol

tere1968 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Teresa from Mason County here. Will be starting Grace, fourth grade, next Monday, as she wanted this week to say goodbye to her friends. After considering homeschooling for about two years, I had an epiphany last weekend and realized that if I don't do something different NOW, I will be living with a child I no longer recognize and who does not share the core values of our home in a very short while. The peer influence is strong and it starts very early anymore. I thought I probably had until about 7th grade, like I did with my oldest child, to make a change, but by fourth grade now, the social media content gets pretty inappropriate and I wasn't liking where the peer situation was headed. Although I have never homeschooled this child, I did homeschool my two oldest for a couple of years in Oregon where we used workbooks and a local homeschool co-op. Here, we will be doing T4L exclusively until she is caught up to grade level (she has some learning problems and is in special education at school on an IEP). What I am most looking forward to is the opportunity to teach her life skills in addition to academics. She has just developed an interest in cooking so now I have plenty of time to really sink into teaching her so much more than just the "basics" in the kitchen since our schedule will be so much more relaxed. In addition, I am finally going to make her do regular chores so she sees how much effort it takes to run a home and how important is for everyone to help. My biggest fear is that she will fail to make healthy social connections to replace the ones she is leaving at public school and will feel isolated and eventually blame me for "ruining her life". Time will tell. In the meantime, I'm glad to be here and look forward to connecting with other KY moms.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5