1st and 2nd grade Math
    arichard93 is offline Junior Member

Default 1st and 2nd grade Math

Hi all! My son has been using T4L about a month after other programs were a complete bore to him. I find the LA program to be thorough in teaching phonics and reading; however, my son struggles with learning his addition and subtraction facts. With that says, I've noticed that T4L is not very intensive with that in either 1st or 2nd grade material. Seems to only be introducing the concepts or am I missing something?
    Last edited by arichard93; 11-16-2015 at 02:45 PM.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Some students will memorize facts in the course of their daily work. Others need more drill. (All but one of my kids needed daily facts drill.) We love TimezAttack. The first level is free. It started out just drilling multiplication facts, but now it has addition and subtraction, too. And, of course, there are always good old flashcards. My kids don't mind them occasionally, but TimezAttack is something they are eager to do every day.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Some students will memorize facts in the course of their daily work. Others need more drill. (All but one of my kids needed daily facts drill.) We love TimezAttack. The first level is free. It started out just drilling multiplication facts, but now it has addition and subtraction, too. And, of course, there are always good old flashcards. My kids don't mind them occasionally, but TimezAttack is something they are eager to do every day.
    This boy hates drill! Any other suggestions?

He loathes drill, but I'll check out TimezAttack as well. He loves video games!

TIA
    Last edited by arichard93; 11-16-2015 at 02:46 PM.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yes, TimezAttack is like a video game. My kids hate drill, too, so I found it to be a good way to sneak some in. Unfortunately, although they dislike drill, it's essential for some students.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yay! I installed it yesterday and he can't get enough of it! I've had to limit his time! LOL!