1st Grade Math Addition Facts??
    melissarday is offline Junior Member

Default 1st Grade Math Addition Facts??

I was thinking about slowing down my daughter's math progression through the T4L lessons and having her try and focus on getting to know the math facts, i.e: 1+1=2, 1+2=3, 1+3=4.... and so on. Do any of you that have gone past 1st grade math, and can see the future where I can't yet, think this is needed or is it overkill because she will have this type of thing worked into the lessons?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

It so depends on your child. You know her better than anyone else. You need to do what you think is best for her. I know the math facts are repeated for some time so she will pick them up as she goes along. But it's been a long time since my 11 year old did first grade math. Sorry I'm not much help.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Olive is offline Member

Potential compromise idea... keep doing what you're doing and add in Xtramath.org. Each session is like 7 min. and gives you math drills. I don't know how much it is sticking, but we use it sometimes. My son answers, I type for him.

Blog Entries

Great idea Olive.

melissarday is offline Junior Member

Thank you for the help!

kvoj is offline Member

I personally think it's reviewed enough BUT...here is a couple suggestions if you want herto do the extra math.

Math Games | PBS KIDS Is it that she isn't getting it or you just want her to know it? If its because she isn't getting it try that website. They are not so much 1+1=2 worksheet type drills but they are kids friendly so maybe she just needs to see how it relates to actual things rather than just paper?...sorry If I was no help! lol

Math Worksheets | Free Printable Math Worksheets If you are looking for worksheets

Blog Entries

Great ideas. There is also Learning Games For Kids. I love playing some of the games on there myself. Another one that my son loved was Rocket Math. It is an app for the iPhone. Besides reinforcing math skills it gave h something to do when we were sitting waiting for appointments or things like that.