1st grader withdrawn from school mid-year, looking to connect :)

Thumbs up 1st grader withdrawn from school mid-year, looking to connect :)

Long story short, I have a 1st grader that has had a rocky relationship with public schools. He marches to his own drum (to put it in a nice way) and it's been a tough few years. Lots of principal meetings, lots of phone calls, etc. I tried him in a charter school this year, the class was a little bit smaller but it just still didn't work. Again lots of phone calls and director meetings. To top it off this charter school has quite a few kids that seem to have behavioral issues, starting with him getting beat up on the school bus and when we had him in counseling to try to curb his emotional outbursts he told us about how someone was name calling every day, teasing, ripping his homework, all kinds of things that the teacher never really told us about. So we said alright, it's our turn now!

I have had him use T4L since withdrawing him and have him on 1st grade Math and Language Arts, 2nd grade LA Extensions and Science, and 3rd grade Social Studies. He is very smart and kind of all over on subjects so I also use Khan Academy for Math, he really seems to like it more because he can watch videos if he has trouble on a specific question he is trying to answer.

I just joined these forums and am looking to connect with others, he also just got started on MineCraft on Xbox one so if anyone has kids that would like to play, he'd probably love that too.

blackcomb1 is offline Junior Member

I had a similar problem with my son, bullied through kindergarten, physically and emotionally, it affected him so much he had anxiety and outburts, I changed his school who did not listen and rang that last one and it carried on, I homeschooled him and I feel like I have my son back, he's happy, learning well which he wasn't doing there due to the distractions, they all said he's very very smart, but they weren't to not deal with it so effectively. Hope it's working out as well for you as it is for us.

Bgndoobie is offline Junior Member Newbie

My son needs friend one the Xbox one..looking to get my son started in thus program